Sustainability Vision & Policy
WineGB aspires to establish the British wine industry as a world leader in sustainability. We recognise the responsibility and opportunity we have to encourage and support the industry in its sustainability journey, to gain international recognition for the standards we set and the progress we make.
Our Policy sets out our core goals and the fundamental principles which underpin our programme.
- provide knowledge, guidance and tools to support members with their sustainability programmes;
- promote the Sustainable Wines of Great Britain (SWGB) certification scheme to provide a means for members to demonstrate the very highest standards of environmental sustainability;
- progressively expand the scope of the scheme and its targets to ensure continuous improvement and relevance to our sustainability vision;
- set ambitious long-term goals and improvement targets to reduce our overall carbon footprint and regenerate our natural environment;
- lobby government for the development and implementation of policies which will support our industry in meeting net zero targets;
- publish an annual report on the implementation of this sustainability policy.