How we process your personal data
The details that you provide to WineGB as part of your membership application/renewal will be recorded and processed on the following basis:
- Name, address, membership group and date of joining/leaving WineGB will be listed on the statutory members’ register required to be maintained under the provisions of the Companies Act 2006 and made available for inspection at the registered office of WineGB.
Contractual basis to provide your membership services:
- Name, address and contact details will be maintained on our members register to contact you as needed regarding your membership of WineGB.
- Name, address and email will be maintained on our SAGE accounting system to produce and send you invoices as required.
- If you have elected to pay your membership fees by direct debit we will keep the Direct Debit mandate in a secure place and use the information provided to collect the fees in accordance with your instructions.
- The personal emails supplied will be added to the email forum, the Mailchimp lists for bulletins
and the WineGB staff outlook accounts for communication.
- Each time The Grape Press and The Green Book are published, your name and postal address will be sent to the printers for mailing purposes only.
- Your name, address and contact details will be passed onto the secretary of your regional vineyards association for them to contact you and add to their members list.
- Personal data will be maintained on the members’ register for the period during which you are a member.
- Producer members must give a full months’ notice if they wish to cancel their membership otherwise you will be liable for a full years fees. (We will contact you to remind you when your renewal is due).
- If you leave WineGB your personal data will be transferred to the list of previous members to be used if you choose to renew your membership. This will be maintained for up to five years after which time it will be deleted.
By consent to provide a list of WineGB members to the public:
- WineGB will publish producer member names and contact details on the WineGB website.
- WineGB will supply member name and contact details to the Vineyard Magazine for your free subscription.
Your rights regarding processing of your data
All individuals may contact WineGB verbally or in writing for the following purposes:
- To request details of their personal information held by WineGB.
- To request that erroneous personal data about themselves is corrected.
- To request that personal data is removed from the membership register (NB: Personal data cannot be removed from the statutory members’ register as this is a legal requirement).
- To remove consent previously given to WineGB to publish their details on the website.
The WineGB Data Protection Officer is Mags Gilbert who can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01858 467792 regarding any of the above issues.
Your right to lodge a complaint about how WineGB handles your personal data
If you have a concern about how WineGB has handled your personal data you can report this to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk/concerns). The ICO is the supervisory body for data processing in the UK.