WINEGB ANNOUNCES 2021 TRADE & PRESS TASTING
WineGB is delighted to announce that its annual Trade & Press Tasting is to take place on Tuesday 7th September at RHS Lindley Hall in central London.
The annual tasting, which could not take place last year due to the pandemic, will feature the widest range of wines and producers from around Britain, showcasing some of the most exciting developments in the UK wine industry, and sending the strong message that the industry is back open for business and looking forward to meeting up with the UK wine trade and press again.
Strict measures will be in place to ensure that visitors will be tasting in as safe an environment as possible.
Instead of the additional free pour table line-up of previous years, this year there will be a spotlight on specific wine styles:
• Classic Method Sparkling White Wines aged for minimum 36 months on lees
• Classic Method Sparkling Rosé
• Still Red Wines
• Bacchus – all wine styles
• Innovations – including Pet Nat, canned wines and Charmat
The WineGB Awards category trophy winners will feature on their own tasting table and during the tasting the top Trophy wins, including Supreme Champion, will be announced by Head judges Susie Barrie MW & Oz Clarke OBE, along with unveiling the top regional winners in the competition
The latest industry report from WineGB will also be released at the tasting, with a breakfast briefing led by CEO Simon Thorpe MW.
WineGB’s Head of Marketing Julia Trustram Eve comments: “We are thrilled to be able to be host our flagship event once again and be part of the trade calendar as it gradually returns.
“It is a very exciting time for the sector. The focus on domestic holidays has led to a boom in wine tourism in the UK, which has put renewed focus on the industry and has had a positive impact on retailers and the hospitality industry alike. The final quarter of the year is a crucial buying period for the trade in the lead up to Christmas and we will be focusing on this.
“Of course our priority is to keep our exhibitors and visitors safe and so we will be undertaking a number of measures to make our event as safe as possible. We are confident that all our guests and exhibitors will comply and we will be constantly monitoring the situation and make any necessary changes.
“We know that there is a very real appetite to explore more about what the UK wine industry is now offering and really look forward to welcoming trade visitors to our tasting again.”
The tasting will take place from 10.30am – 6.00pm. Visitors will have to register with timed slots available to book. Register here on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/winegb-trade-press-tasting-2021-tickets-163400566493. The link is also available on the WineGB Website (visit the Trade/Press area)
Entry times are as follows:
The safety measures will include the following:
1. The tasting will be run on split entry times – guests will book their slot when registering
2. Visitors, exhibitors and staff are requested to take a lateral flow test before coming to the tasting
3. All wines will be poured for the guests to prevent cross- contamination
4. The hall will be well ventilated throughout the day
5. There will be regular cleaning undertaken discreetly during the event
6. Guests will have a ready supply of disposable, hand-held spittoons. There will be plenty of bins to dispose of these spittoons and contents and spare spittoons.
If government guidelines are changed prior to the event WineGB will supply any additional information as soon as possible.
– Ends –
Madeleine Waters email@example.com 07778 702221
Julia Trustram Eve firstname.lastname@example.org 07775 760451