Principles of Vinegrowing Extensive Course
6th November, 2023 —
17th June, 2024
Provided by Plumpton College, the aim of this five-day course is to provide a good level of knowledge and understanding of vinegrowing to those who wish to start growing grapes, work in a vineyard, enter the wine trade, or have a strong interest in the world of wine.
Each day, vinegrowing theory is introduced in the morning classroom session, then put into practice in the afternoon in the vineyard. It enables students to gain a good level of knowledge and understanding of vineyard activities .
Please note: the course focuses on cool climate grape growing.
- Evaluating and improving vineyard sites;
- Selecting vine varieties and rootstocks;
- Winter pruning;
- Vine propagation and nutrition;
- Planting and trellising vines,
- Vineyard floor management and sustainable viticulture,
- Vineyard pest and disease management,
- Canopy management.
Course structure: 7 days over an 8 month period (all Mondays)
6 November, 2023 – 17 June, 2024 (Session dates: 06/11, 08/01, 05/02, 04,03, 08/04, 13/05 & 17/06)
|Date/Time:||6th November, 2023 — 17th June, 2024|
|Location:||Rock Lodge Vineyard|